Who is responsible for the processing of your data?
What are cookies?
Cookies are small, simple text files that your computer or mobile device stores when you use our web store. There are also cookie-like techniques that achieve the same results.
What are the other cookie-like techniques?
Web beacons, Local and Session Storage and SDKs are standard internet techniques that sometimes together with cookies ensure that a system can collect information and then send it. Cookies and other techniques are used at all existing web shops. For example, by using cookies and other techniques, we ensure that:
- We can measure how our web store is used and where we can improve it;
- We can show you advertisements and recommendations based on your interests;
- We can recognize which device you use when you visit us;
- We can register or have registered how often an advertisement is shown in order to better tailor the advertisements to your needs and interests and to prevent you from seeing the same advertisement over and over.
Third Party Cookies
Which cookies do we use? In brief:
Functional cookies or necessary cookies
Functional cookies or necessary cookies For example, think of functionalities such as placing an item in your shopping cart or paying for your order.
With analytical cookies we collect statistics with the help of third parties about how our web store is used. By measuring website usage, we can continue to improve our store for the benefit of our users.
We place marketing cookies on our web store. Third parties can also place marketing cookies on our web store. We also place marketing cookies on third-party websites. We can combine the information from these marketing cookies. We do this so that we can make you the most relevant offers based on your online surfing, searching and purchasing behaviour. With these marketing cookies we also keep track of which advertisements you have seen.
Functional or necessary cookies
Functional or necessary cookies ensure that the bol.com web store functions properly. Think about:
- Saved browser settings so that you can view our webshop optimally on your screen;
- The ability to respond to messages in our web store;
- An even load on the website so that it is easily accessible and continues to work optimally;
We use, with the help of third parties, analytical cookies to investigate store use. These statistics give us insight into, among other things, how often we are visited and where we can improve our webshop. This way we can continuously optimize the experience with our webshop. Among other things, the following data is stored:
- The IP address that will be made anonymous;
- Technical characteristics, such as the browser you use (such as Chrome, Safari or Firefox), the resolution of your computer screen, your language preference and which device you use;
- From which page you came to the webshop;
- When and for how long you visit or use the webshop;
- Whether you use functionalities of the web store. For example placing an order;
- Which pages you visit in our webshop.
We use these cookies, for example, to:
- Keep track of the number of visitors to our web store;
- To measure how long a visit lasts;
- To determine in which order a visitor visits the different pages of our web store;
- Determine which articles and pages can be linked together.
- We can keep track of which advertisements you have already seen;
- We can keep track of how many times you have already seen an advertisement;
- We can prevent you from seeing the same advertisement over and over;
- We can keep track of whether you click on the advertisements;
- We can keep track of whether you place orders after you have seen or clicked on an advertisement;
- We can combine your online surfing, searching and purchasing behavior regardless of which device you use;
- By combining these characteristics, we estimate your advertising interest and can tailor the advertisements that we show to you on third-party websites.
Advertising networks and media agencies act as intermediaries for online stores and advertisers. The marketing cookies of these parties allow:
- Our advertising partners can combine your preferences at bayck.com with information they collect when you visit other websites.
For the cookies that these parties place for marketing purposes, we refer you to the statements on the websites of these parties. Because the statements can change regularly, we recommend that you consult these privacy and cookie statements regularly. The following parties place cookies and/or other techniques via our web shop:
We only use marketing cookies if you have given us permission to do so. If you do not give permission, advertisements will still be shown, but these are random advertisements. You can make your choice below.
If you want to disable cookies from specific parties, you can do so at www.youronlinechoices.com.
Delete cookie history
If you want to delete your cookie history, you can do so for different browsers in the way below.
To delete cookies in Chrome:
- Click on the 3 dots, top right. Click History > Click History > Clear browsing data.
- In the ‘Clear browsing data’ menu at the top you have the option to delete browsing data from the first use up to and including only the last hour. Below that you choose which items you want to delete. In any case, tick ‘Cookies and other site and plug-in data’.
- Press the ‘Clear browsing data’ button.
To delete cookies in Safari:
- Open Safari and go to Safari >Preferences > Privacy >Delete saved cookies and data > Manage website data > Remove everything.
To delete cookies in Firefox:
- Click on the 3 bars at the top right, click on Options > Privacy > Delete individual cookies.
- Click on ‘Delete all’.
To delete cookies in Microsoft Edge:
- Click on the 3 dots at the top right >Settings. Under ‘Clear browsing data’, click ‘Choose what to clear’.
- Select the cookies (pre-selected) > Press the ‘Clear’ button.
To delete cookies in Internet Explorer:
- Click on the gear in the top right corner > choose Internet Options > General tab. Under ‘Browsing history’, click ‘Delete’.n’.
- Don’t want to delete everything? In any case, tick ‘Cookies and Website data’ and click on ‘Remove’.
Our iOS and Android app
You install the app on your device via the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store. In the app we do not use techniques comparable to cookies for the aforementioned purposes.